Evacuation Chair Training in Aberdeen
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for anyone who needs to use an evacuation chair, either as a user, (someone who may require additional assistance in an evacuation due to limited mobility), or as an operator, (someone who will use the equipment to help those with limited ability evacuate the building). The course will give both users and operators the confidence to use the equipment safely and competently in the event of an emergency.
What does the course consist of?
- There is a strong practical focus on this course with a smaller theoretical element delivered through facilitated discussion.
- The theory will discover a summary of fire safety legislation including roles and responsibilities in the event of a fire.
- The practical element will demonstrate deploying the chair, transferring users between the chair and a wheelchair, and how to safely descent a flight of stairs.
- Delegates will have the opportunity to practice using the chair, both as a user and an operator.
Number of candidates:
The evacuation chair course allows up to 6 candidates to be trained at the same time by one trainer. Realm can also provide two trainers to allow us to deliver the course for up to to 12 candidates. The course has a running time of approximately 2 – 3 hours. Contact us for further details.
Detailed course contents:
- Awareness of fire safety
- Awareness of means of escape
- Why use an evacuation chair
- Understanding of how to make an evacuation chair safe for the occupant
- Understanding of how to make an evacuation chair safe for the operator
- Duties of employers
- Duties of employees
- Role of the emergency services
- How evacuation chairs compliment the process of escaping from fire
- Human behaviour in fire
REGISTER FOR FIRE SAFETY TRAINING
Simply fill in the form below and we will get back to you available dates
Or call us today on 01224 710014