Fire Awareness Training
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for all employees, to assist them in identifying fire hazards and to give them confidence in operating fire extinguishers.
What does the course consist of?
- The course consists of a power point presentation covering all the topics stated below as well as some industry insight
- Training can be tailored to your specific requirements, just ask
- Training Videos
- Knowing your fire extinguishers
- Live practical fire extinguishing session
- Training how and when to operate fire extinguishers using our environmentally friendly gas fuelled fire tray
Number of candidates:
The Fire Awareness course allows up to 10 candidates to be trained at the same time, with a running time of approximately 3 hours, we also offer training to individuals or smaller groups where different organisations come to share a course, contact us for more details. Course materials provided include certificate of attendance, presentations hand-outs, pocket guides for identifying the different escape routes, fire safety signs and fire extinguishers.
Courses can be provided at our premesis alternatively at your own workplace (subject to availability and suitability of training space).
Detailed course contents:
- Fire prevention
- Legislation – Fire (Scotland) Act 2005
- Duties of employers
- Duties of employees
- Identifying ignition sources
- Identifying fuel sources
- Methods of fire spread
- Action on discovering a fire
- Action on hearing a fire alarm
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Chemistry of fire
- Human behaviour in fire
- The effects of fire on companies
REGISTER FOR FIRE SAFETY TRAINING
Simply fill in the form below and we will get back to you available dates
Or call us today on 01224 710014