Fire Warden Training
Who is the course for?
The course is intended for employees nominated as fire wardens, with the aim of ensuring they receive formal instruction on fire warden duties and have a greater understanding of all aspects of fire safety in their workplace.
What does the course consist of?
- The course consists of a mixture of classroom-based learning, practical demonstration, and the opportunity for all delegates to use an extinguisher on a real fire. It goes into more detail regarding the duties and responsibilities of a fire warden than our standard fire awareness course.
- The classroom- based training consists of a PowerPoint presentation covering all topics detailed in the course contents, training videos, and additional industry insight from the extensive experience of our trainers.
- The live demonstration and delegate practical participation utilises our environmentally friendly gas fuelled fire tray.
- The training can even be tailored to meet any additional specific client requirements
- The course materials provided include a certificate of attendance, presentation hand-outs, pocket guides for identifying the different escape routes, fire safety signs, and fire extinguishers.
Number of candidates:
The Fire Awareness course allows up to 10 candidates to be trained at the same time, with a running time of approximately 3 hours. We also offer training to individuals or smaller groups where allowing different organisations to share the cost of the course. Please contact us for more details.
Courses can be provided at our premises, or alternatively at your own workplace (subject to availability and suitability of training space).
Detailed course contents:
- The effects of fire on companies
- Legislation – Fire (Scotland) Act 2005
- Fire drill planning, informing and instructing
- Recording of fire drills
- Fire warden duties
- Evacuation of the premises
- Identifying ignition sources
- Identifying fuel sources
- Human behaviour in fire
- Action on discovering a fire
- Action on hearing a fire alarm
- Chemistry of fire
- Methods of fire spread
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- Firefighting equipment
- Building fire protection measures
- Emergency lighting
REGISTER FOR FIRE SAFETY TRAINING
Simply fill in the form below and we will get back to you available dates
Or call us today on 01224 710014