Fire Risk Assessment in Aberdeen
Realm Fire & Security provide Fire Risk Assessments in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire, which comply with national legislation, using experienced and competent fire risk assessors.
Due to changes in Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 Part 3 and The Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, the local fire authority no longer issues fire certificates meaning that any existing certificates are invalid. This means that any person who has responsibility for a property, (usually the employer or landlord), have a duty to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment at the premises. Employers also have a duty of care to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment to protect their employees and customers. A fire risk assessor will also be help you to establish the relevant risk category of your premises and can help establish an appropriate timescale for fire risk assessment reviews.
For a Fire Risk Assessment or a Periodic Review to make sure you comply with the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 Part 3 and The Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006, either fill out our form below! Or call us today on 01224 710014 or
Realm Fire & Security Limited is BAFE certified to carry out life safety fire risk assessments under the SP205 scheme.
BAFE is the independent register of quality fire safety service provider in the UK. The SP 205 scheme was set up to give those commissioning fire risk assessments confidence in the quality and relevance of the services being provided.
Under the requirements of this scheme Realm Fire & Security Ltd will agree the scope of the fire risk assessment in advance and will issue a BAFE branded certificate of conformity which allows the commissioning organisation to demonstrate that they have commissioned a risk assessment which conforms to the highest quality standards. Registration with this scheme requires Realm Fire and Security Ltd to undergo regular audits by a third-party accreditation body to verify the competence of the organisation as well as the competence of the individual risk assessors working within the organisation.
BAFE offers advice on choosing a competent fire risk assessor: Choosing a fire risk assessor
BAFE also specifies the competency criteria for fire risk assessors: Competency criteriaCompetency criteriateria
Choosing Realm Fire & Security as your fire risk assessment provider ensures that you have adhered to BAFE recomendations.
What is the Fire Industry Association?
The FIA is the largest fire protection trade association in the UK with 650+ members. They are a not-for-profit organization with the objective to promote, improve, and perfect fire protection methods, devices, services, and apparatus. They achieve this through the representation of their members, providing technical support, guidance and opportunities for professional advancement through education and appropriate regulation.
Realm Fire & Security is proud to be a part of the FIA and believe in their objectives to improve the fire protection services. Realm are fully certified by all third party certification boards related to the fire protection industry.
Did you know?
The Fire Risk assessment should be reviewed by a competent person periodically, or immediately if there is a reason to suspect that it is no longer valid, (for example, if there have been any significant changes to internal layout or staffing), or if a fire occurs.
The impact of a fire can be so severe that 70% of businesses suffering a major fire either never re-open, or close within 3 years of the fire. By taking a few simple steps to reduce fire risks employers can prevent fires breaking out. However, a Fire Risk Assessment in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire or Scotland will only satisfy your legal duties if it is site specific and portrays an accurate and honest account of the fire safety arrangements in place in the premises.
Realm Fire and Security has experienced personnel who can assist with planning and can carry out thorough and comprehensive fire risk assessments. This is aimed at establishing how fires can be prevented and will determine what steps can be taken to reduce the risk of fire across a facility including offices.
- Former Station Commander for the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service
- Experience engaging with, supporting, and protecting communities and businesses through raising awareness of Fire Safety
- NEBOSH Level 3 Health & Safety general certificate
- Fire Safety Development modules & fire risk assessment
- H&S Event Investigating Level 3&4
- Understanding Fire Safety Tutoring Level 3 Fire setter Interventions
- Analytical Risk Assessment
- Registered Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) Life Safety Fire Risk Assessor
- Affiliate member of Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE)
- 15 years Fire Safety Experience with Grampian Fire & Rescue Service as an Enforcement Officer and Major Projects Officer
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Fire Risk Assessment Certification
- Advanced Fire Investigation
- Fire safety development modules
- IOSH working safely & risk assessment courses
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- EFQM accredited assessor, public service information framework
- Train-the-trainer courses: manual handling; road traffic collision (RTC); breathing apparatus; fire behaviour; tactical
- Fire Service Education Board examinations: leading firefighter; sub-officer; station officer